Terms and Conditions
Client Keys: We request two sets of keys on file to enter the property. This would also include any additional security devices or codes we would need to be able to enter your home and care for your pet. Keys can also be kept in a lockbox that the client provides.
Payment: We accept cash, checks made out to "The Dog Shepherdess", and automatic payments via a credit or debit card on file.
- Payment is due after the completion of each service. If you have weekly visits scheduled with us, then the payment is due at our last visit of each week.
- Early payment or prepayment plans are also accepted.
- If payments are not made on time, we reserve the right to cease services.
Cancellations Policy: We understand that life is unpredictable and plans may need to change. If you need to reschedule or cancel a service from us it must be done within 24 hours of the previously scheduled time. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged the full rate of the service you requested. If you scheduled us to pet sit and needed to cancel the entire service in less than 24 hours, you will be charged for the first full day and not the entire scheduled time.
Scheduling Policy: In order to ensure an appointment with your pet, we recommend scheduling as early as possible. We do our best to serve everyone, but cannot always guarantee last minute requests. You can schedule by emailing email@example.com or calling/texting 501-230-7167. Each appointment will require a confirmation email from us. Our website shares our calendar schedule for your convenience.
- Our scheduled time is an estimated time of arrival. Our times may vary based on traffic or unforeseen circumstances. We will send a detailed email after each service with your dog to ensure peace of mind while you are away.
Bad Weather Policy: In the event of extreme weather conditions such as blinding rain, snow, or pet injury/ illness, the dog will be taken outside to relieve themselves and the rest of the visit will be spent inside doing an approved activity.
- We will still take your dog out for the full scheduled time service if it is raining outside. We do request that the owner provides a towel near the door for us to wipe off the dogs feet before entering the home. We do our best to remove as much dirt from their paws before entering the home. We are not responsible for any damage the dog will do to the home before or after we leave. Please provide a room of the house that they may need to be contained after a rainy day.
- Please inform us if you would prefer us to give only a potty break and indoor activity on all rainy days to avoid a wet and muddy dog all together.
- In icy weather, the running service will not be provided. It can be unsafe for the handler and the dog. If you have a regular schedule of running service, we will provide the different services of walking instead.
- Please inform us by email or phone if you need to cancel our services because of extreme weather conditions.
- In extreme conditions such as icy roads, we reserve the right to cancel our walking/running/taxi appointments for that day. We will notify you the night before or in the morning if we need to cancel our services for that day. We will also post on our facebook and twitter accounts when we need to cancel. If we need to cancel, you will receive a full refund or choose to keep credit for the next time you use our service.
- While pet sitting, the roads are too dangerous and we are unable to get to your home, we will contact the near by neighbor you have provided as a last resort to care for your pets until it is safe for us to resume our services.
Sick Policy: In the rare occasion when we are sick or injured, we reserve the right to cancel our scheduled walks for the day. We will notify you promptly of the situation. We will offer a back up solutions for you and your dog to still have a service if you would prefer.
Holiday Policy:There will be an additional $25 charge for peak holiday dates: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, The Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, or Christmas Day. (Regular Daily walks/runs/taxi will not occur on holidays, unless scheduled separately.)
Unforeseen Purchases: If The Dog Shepherdess needs to purchase food or supplies for the welfare of your pet, we will keep the receipts of the purchases and the owner is responsible for the reimbursement of the items. A 10$ travel fee will also be applied.
Emergency Policy: In the unlikely event of an emergency, we will contact you immediately. If you are unable to be reached, we will call your back up emergency contact. However, we reserve the right to make decisions concerning health and treatment acting in the best interest of the pet advised by the veterinarian.
- In the unfortunate event of being incapacitated when your pets are in our care, a temporary guardian’s contact information is requested to provide the proper care for your pets during this time.
- The Dog Shepherdess is not held responsible for vet fees or a third party claim while we are caring for your pet.
Dog Requirements: All dogs must be up-to-date with their vaccinations, flea and tick medication, and heart worm treatments.
- All dogs are preferred to be spayed or neutered unless under 9 months old.
- If you do have an un-neutered male or un-spayed female we will work with you to find the best service for their needs. We will not take them to a dog park or an area around many dogs. We are not responsible for any problems that may occur with other dogs while they are in our care.
- If your dog shows signs of aggression, we reserve the right to terminate our services for the safety of everyone.
- We require a release form giving permission for your dog to be around other dogs, to go to the dog park, or be off-leash in fenced areas. We are not held responsible for any problems that could occur in these circumstances after the form is signed.